Bella Research Group is a boutique advisory group focused on the needs of the private capital industry. With a small, dedicated team led by Dr. Josh Lerner from Harvard Business School, we provide our clients with thoughtful insights, rigorous analysis, relevant training, and intellectually grounded advice. Our bespoke, high-value-added products address the needs of venture capital and private equity fund managers, investors, entrepreneurs, innovators, and policymakers.
Dr. Josh Lerner lives on a farm in Hamilton, Massachusetts with his wife Wendy and a menagerie of horses, donkeys, sheep, rabbits, hens, dogs and cats. They came upon a newborn goat up for adoption and named her Bella. She grew into a beloved family pet, sleeping on the bed, riding along in the truck, and becoming best friends with a donkey. After many years of collaboration, business partners Dr. Lerner and Ann Leamon became incorporated in 2010 and named the firm in her honor.
In 2013 Bella Research Group moved to Salem, Massachusetts, once one of the greatest financial engines of an emerging country. Salem Harbor served the early American settlements as venture capital and private equity was crucial to burgeoning international trade. Today it remains a vibrant city, rich with historical landmarks, museums and a thriving culture. Our offices are in a centuries-old bank building near many restaurants and attractions, easily accessible from Boston via nearby commuter rail and ferry.
Who We Work With
- Global private equity and venture capital firms active across six continents.
- Institutional investors in alternative assets (pension funds and other limited partners).
- Development finance institutions like The World Bank, The CDC Group, and the Inter-American Development Bank
- Policymakers and government agencies like NASA and the Small Business Administration,
- Fortune 100 Corporations.